D’Tocqueville opined that even Kings had a problem with “the details of social life and individual existence” (sic) coming under the King’s control. He also wondered what would happen should the government evolve the capability to “bring the details of social life and individual existence under the Monarch’s control?” We may be on the verge of answering his question. By way of the blog site ‘Political Outcast’, here comes Hillary’s ‘It Takes a Village’ on steroids. ObamaCare allows for mandatory ‘home visits’ in ‘at risk’ situations. You didn’t build that will now extend to you can’t raise that. An outline of how the law defines ‘at risk’ follows.
• Low-income families.
• Families with pregnant women who have not attained age 21.
• Families that have a history of child abuse or neglect or have had interactions with child welfare services.
• Families that have a history of substance abuse or need substance abuse treatment.
• Families that have users of tobacco products in the home.
• Families that are or have children with low student achievement.
• Families with children with developmental delays or disabilities.
• Families who, or that include individuals who, are serving or formerly served in the Armed Forces, including such families that have members of the Armed Forces who have had multiple deployments outside of the United States.
Ah yes, one more definition of ‘at risk; any home where there is a fire arm present.
The devil will be in the wide range of potential reasons for instituting a ‘home visit’ within what is easily anticipated as broad definitions. The administration has demonstrated an unwillingness to follow the law, there is no reason to think that the definitions applied “for the children” will be limited to reasonable bounds. In jeopardy; farm families, disgruntled neighbors, home school families in attrition to those typically defined as ‘at risk’. The article contends that fake developmental diseases, such as ADD and ACHD will also qualify.
That should cover a significant percentage of the population. You home is no longer your castle………..unless ObamaCare says it is. Keep in mind as well, the generally accepted definition of Fascism; “a system of government that attempts to control all aspects of its citizen’s lives.”